This post is brought to you by the Student Tech Team
How To Use iMovie Trailer feature for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
(requires iOS 7.0 or later)
By Zoe K and Chloe C
iMovie is a great way for beginning filmers, and a fun way to tell your story. It also has multi-touch features for editing your videos, over twenty different movie trailer templates, and you can create HD films with a touch of a button.
When you first enter iMovie, the screen will be shown on Projects asking you to tap the plus sign to create a new movie or trailer. Press the plus button and the button with the item you want to create.
Movie Trailer Instructions:
1. There should be different trailer types (indie, narrative, retro, romance, family, fairy tale, expedition, coming of age, bollywood, adrenaline, scary, superhero, swashbuckler, and teen).
2. Choose the trailer template you want to create. You can watch previews of what the trailer will look like by pressing the play button under the template name. When you want to create the trailer press the button on the top right called Create Trailer
3. Now, the screen will be filled with a Outline. Name (you fill out the movie name there), Cast (fill out the cast members there), Studio (put your Studio name there,your Logo Style- choose from five different logos), and the Cast (fill out the name of your characters or your name).
4. Now, go to the storyboard and edit the titles. Tap to change.
5. Then, you press the image buttons to show actions/film information.
Here is an example of our Trailer:
Well that’s it. We hope you enjoyed our tutorial!